Um...Cindy...uh, yeah, "pictures, dammit" is two words.
I'm having trouble uploading pictures, but I'm sure there's more than one way to skin a cat. We have kind of a slow day tomorrow, so I'll try to work it out.
Today we're in Picton. And for all my California readers, and the rest of you wine snobs out there, I just have to say a big ol' neener, neener! We toured two wineries today, with tastings at both, then we went to a place that had liqueur tastings and olive oil tastings...oh my!
New Zealand wines are very different than the wines I usually buy. Turns out their Savignon Blanc is one of the world's best (awarded to several of the more than forty vintners here). I'm a believer! The climate in the Marlborough region is cool and fairly dry - just right for these grapes. Reds need wetter, warmer temps, and most of the New Zealand reds reflect just that...they're just not that good. But the Savi Blanc...delish! We bought several bottles and hope to get them chilled so we can have them with dinner tomorrow night.
The weather was beautiful today, so before we did the wine tour, we walked around Picton, a quaint little town of about 4,000 people. We did a little shopping and then had lunch at The Flying Haggis (the food was way better than the name sounds). And guess what was on tap?!? Speights Gold Medal Ale. I love me some Gold Medal Ale.
I got an e-mail from my mother yesterday, and among other things she said she was a little concerned about all the beer and wine we were drinking (and glad I'd dieted prior to the cruise). I replied that, yes, we'll have to go big on the diet when we get back, but for now it's drink 'til we drop! Hey, we're not driving ;-)
Well, I'm off to play Broadway Team Trivia - although I can't imagine what they'll give me when we win...I already have every Holland America logo-ed thing they have!
I'll work on the picture problem...but I'm sure it has something to do with the ship's connectivity. After all, I could upload before we boarded. Hmmm...maybe Jon can wave his magic computer wand and figure this out.
Tomorrow: Wellington. No tours scheduled, but I can feel a pub crawl coming on.
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I CAN count to two (most days). I bet you know those two words I'm thinkin' of right now, don't ya? ;-)
Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Tracy you know me and I dont care for wine but I do like the NZ wine. We enjoy reading your blog everyday.
Post a Comment