Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good Morning Papeete!


Okay, it's Sunday morning and I'm sitting on our balcony at the Sofitel in Papeete overlooking the garden, the pool, the bar and the beach. It's about 6am...yeah, I know, but I'm still on Dallas time (5 hours difference). The sun is just coming up over the tops of the hills. There are some tall, pink clouds in the distance. All the morning birds are calling, getting ready for a new day. Occasionally I think I hear a monkey, but it's either Joe singing while he's brushing his teeth or some strange bird I've never heard. It's about 70 degrees, no wind, just a little humidity. Someone just turned on some music down by the beach. It's Tahitian music, soft and rythmical...islandy...well, duh!

The ocean is lapping at the shore, there's no one in the pool yet...in fact I see only a few folks stirring below. I wish I had a bloody mary.

The flight in was fine, no weather, and not nearly full, so Jonathan, Charles and Elizabeth stretched out and took over whole rows of seats. (It was fine in business class, too!) We're here in Papeete just for the morning. At noon, we'll take a ferry to Moorea, about a 20 minute ride. In fact I can see Moorea from where I'm sitting. We'll stay in Moorea until Wednesday, when we'll fly over to Sydney...a nine hour flight. But I'll think about that on Wednesday. For now, I'm on a mission to find a bloody mary.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's -40 degrees in the Yukon right now. Just thought you'd want to know.

If you can tear yourself away from your, um, busy schedule, could you e-mail us your itinerary so we can keep up with you vicariously through Google images and the occasional live web cam?

Thanks. It's going to snow here Wednesday. Know that.

Linda said...

Have a bloody mary for us. Dont forget to call Ron Hall for pick up to visit his shop Island Fashion in Moorea. Phone 561106 Wally spoke to him yesterday and he looks forward to hearing from you. Say Hi to Thierry Brovelli the GM at the Intercontinental in Moorea. Have fun.