Each time I sit down to make a post, I see the time and date my PC thinks it is. It is still on Dallas time. So, as I start to compose this post, locally it is 9:33 PM on the 18th. However, my computer thinks it is 4:33 AM on the 18th. On Saturday morning, it will be the 19th here, but still the 18th at home.
We had another great day in Sydney. The only unfortunate part is that it was overcast all day and rained on and off. Well, mostly on. Luckily, we popped into a Woolrich store and picked up some little umbrellas for $6. We did a harbor lunch cruise with Captain Cook Cruises. The lunch cruise was nice, but they served food the entire time! The food was good, but you couldn't spend a lot of time just standing on the deck and taking pictures. Luckily, when you could pop out for a picture or two, there were some overhangs and you could keep the camera out of the rain. Next time, I would pick a snack cruise so I could see more of the landscape.
We then went and did a tour of the Sydney Opera House. That is a nice tour, and even better when all the outside choices will include rain. The SOH is definitely worth the tour. The one thing I really wanted to do in Sydney was the Harbor Bridge Climb. Sadly, tomorrow's forecast is more of the same. If I am going to climb the bridge, I really want to see a panoramic vista. So, sadly, I will put that off to the next time I come to Sydney and I will come back!
I have some friends who live across the street from me in Dallas. They have lived in New York & Sydney for a good number of years. Since they moved to Dallas, they haven't been happy with the food. I often wondered why. Well, I think I have a much better idea now. We have eaten at a variety of pubs and restaurants in our short stay and each place has had one or more fantastic food items. You also don't see as much fast food. The only down side, is that the price of food is higher, but after coming from Tahiti, it seems much more reasonable now!
Since we have been walking the last couple of days, I have had a chance to see a great variety of the population here in Sydney. What I have noticed is the ratio of overweight people to the normal sized people is SUPER low compared to the states. Also, the number of just beautiful women seems rather high. Sure makes for enjoyable people watching.
Airfare to Sydney: $1,850
Marriott Hotel Per Night: $125
Watching attractive long legged, short skirted Aussie Women: Priceless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment