Sunday, January 20, 2008

3rd Day At Sea

This morning starts the 3rd day at sea. We will be stopping in Melbourne in a few short hours.

My FUN for the day was finding out that one of my watches hadn't been set to the right time. Probably set it without the use of my reading glasses. I thought it was after 7:30 AM, so I get up, be very quiet not to wake up my cruise mate, take a shower and go up for some breakfast. When I noticed it was dark outside, I thought something might be wrong. Sure enough, I check the time on my camera and it was only 5:15 AM ... not the 8:15 AM my watch was showing. The watch is set correctly now and later I will be verifying the entire collection. Oh well, just some "bonus" time today.

The cruise has been nice. We have already done one formal night of the three scheduled. I wore a button down shirt and a tie and nobody kicked me out :) I might have been slightly under dressed when compared to the rest of the room.

They REALLY push the drink cards here. I have purchased 2 so far. That is good for 20 signature cocktails. After having a couple of high octane drinks yesterday afternoon, I might be seeking AA when I get home.

The ship is nice. Made out to be very opulent. I think they are trying to cater to a higher class of people other than me :) I actually help bring down the average age and I am sure the average income as well!! I am having a good time in spite of these "handicaps".

1 comment:

Linda said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Havent heard from Joe and Tracy since Sydney. Did she stay there? We enjoy reading about your adventures. So keep them coming.