So, last night, armed with a couple of catalogs, a legal pad and my favorite pen, I set to work on my packing list. Those of you who know me best, know that I don't do anything without a list. Well, okay, sure, there are a couple of things, but if there's a deadline involved, you can bet the farm that I have a list somewhere nearby. I guess it's a sort of security blanket for my scattered mind...or I'm obsessive and compulsive (or is it anal and compulsive? or compulsive and obsessive? whatever...).
Anyway, I knew that I had most of what I need to take on this adventure, but I recently lost some weight over the summer/fall (shameless fishing for compliments), so I don't have a lot of shorts in the drawer - and it's summer down under. Luckily, most stores are having sales this time of year...coincidence? I don't think so. I found just what I needed and made some last minute web purchases today. All that's left to do is have a try-on session with the "diva" dresses I plan to take for the formal evenings onboard.
Next on the agenda is to get a couple of suitcase zippers repaired and then it's time to pack. I feel like I might be rushing things, but then I realize we're two weeks out from departure. It's time to get busy!
Of course, Joe never makes lists. He'll pack on the fly and get by just fine. Ah! to lead a charmed life like his! I'm sure he'll have to go shopping for something forgotten. But neither of us has ever turned down a shopping opportunity. And we're not about to start now.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment