Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All those folks taking holiday vacations

It's really hard watching all my colleagues' e-mails announcing their holiday vacation plans: "I'll be out 12/26-1/2 and won't be checking messages."; "I'll be out of the office during Christmas week and will not have access to voice mail or e-mail."; and my favorite, "I'll be gone 12/24 - 1/2 at a place far, far away from here. A place where service is a word used to describe what happens on Sunday mornings and blackberries are summertime fruits."

It's hard watching everyone else skedaddle for the holidays, since I'll be stuck covering for most of them. But I guess revenge is sweet, as it occurs to me that because it's the holidays, a lot of the people who would otherwise be calling me will be gone as well. That won't be the case when I go on vacation and they have to cover for me! Aha! I drink deeply from the revenge well. But, then, I would drink deeply from most any well.

No comments: